Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Freaky Green Eyes By, Joyce Carol Oates


Wow to this book. It was not what I expected. I felt like I really got an inside look to separated or divorce families. It is a world that not everyone can understand (and I must say that I do not). It was hard to read and comprehend how the dad could lie to his children to turn them against their mom. Then to see the kids in the book turn on their mom because of the lies the dad told. It really made me stop and think what some home life situations might be like at home. I would encourage anyone to read this book...boy or girl! I think it is great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this book! I liked it because it has a very belivable character (Franky.)Even though she has another side she is very realistic. This book realy makes you think about what some people have to go through.