Monday, April 7, 2008

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen


I was very excited to be reading my first Sarah Dessen book! I feel like it has taken me forever to read a book by her. "Just Listen" was an interesting book that reminded me that everyone and every family has their own problems and sometimes we need to just sit back and listen! This story was about a girl named Annabel who is the youngest of three sisters. All of the sisters are models, yet each is fighting their own battle. Annabel has been shunned by her group of friends for an incident that happened over the summer. Only an outcast boy named Owen offers her a friendship and to just listen to her problems. Throughout the story Annabel's family becomes exposed (Mother depressed, sister has an eating disorder, etc.) and the reader is left to wonder about the people around them. How well do we know what others are going through? Maybe we all need to stop and just listen.

No comments: