Monday, October 22, 2007

Hatchet


I can't believe it has taken me this long to read Hatchet. I was hooked on the book. I loved reading about his survival techniques in the woods. I was picturing myself camping and trying to figure out if I would have been that smart. Could I have survived? I don't have an answer yet! My only disappointment with the book came at the end. I would have liked to read more on his rescue. I felt like it skimmed over the rescue really fast. I have not read any of the others in the series (have you?) so maybe they are discussed there. Overall, I am glad that I finally read this book, and I can see why it has been so popular.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read Hachet in 4th grade and I didn't like it. It didn't make sense because I don't think a person would have a heart attack on a plane and most of the things that happened to him don't seem normal.

Anonymous said...

When I read Hachet in 4th grade, I was very confuzzled and it didn't make much sense to me. Plus, they wouldn't put a guy who was able to have a heart attack on a plane flying over the middle of nowhere and have parachutes in planes in case something like that happened.

Anonymous said...

I cant really talk about this book very much, because It's been so long since I read it. But I think the author really makes the book interesting, because when he has to find a way to live in the wild alone.

Anonymous said...

i love this book. I had to read it in 4th grade and to thell you the truth i didn't want to read it but i'm glad i did. It talks about a boy survies all by himself i could never do that. if you do read the sequals thell me how it is.