Monday, October 15, 2007

The Seven Wonders of Sassafras Springs


I had never heard of this book before. This was a cute book about a boy who is looking for Seven Wonders in his own very small town of Sassafras Springs. If he is able to find these seven wonders before the week is up then he will be given a ticket to see his cousin in Colorado. Eben wants so badly to get out os Sassafras Springs and see the world. Because of his enthusiasm the town starts to seek him out to tell them of their wonders. But what makes a wonder? It was fun to read of the different wonders of Sassafras Springs. I was positive that something different was going to happen to Aunt Pretty. I really thought Eben was going to give his aunt the ticket to go see her best friend. I also was hoping to hear what happened to her "Beau" who fell asleep on the horse. I thought the book was a fun read and made me think of the wonders that we have in our own backyard!

No comments: